Changes in version 1.8 (Mar 4, 2004)
- Kernel (i.e. the 'mcstas' program)
- a PREVIOUS keyword has been implemented, for referencing e.g.
to upsteam components.
- improvements to runtime randvec_target_rect functions
- Updated Mersenne Twister random number generator
- Run-time library (e.g. the instrument
- instruments can now have default input values
- New Components (in the lib directory)
- Official components
- Sans_spheres, a sample for small angle
- Powder2, a two ring powder sample
- Phonon_simple, a phonon scattering
- Guide_gravity improved
- Contributed components
- Guide_tapering, guide with
- ISIS_moderator, (Stuart Ansell and
- Guide_curved (Ross Stewart)
- mcgui now has a special Neutron Site menu (auto generated) to
- Various bugfixes, especially on the Win32 platform and RedHat 9
- mcgui now includes an option to 'scan' instrument parameters
possible using mcrun.pl.
- mcconvert.pl script has been added to the distribution,
Matlab and Scilab type output. Cyclic conversion,
is not supported.
- mcplot opens scan steps with Matlab/Scilab backends
- mcrun now has support for Matlab/Scilab backends, built in test
(mcrun --test), poor man's grid computing - see the
manual for information on
how to use this.
- mcdoc support for instrument headers, support for the built in
- Improved tutorial built into the gui tools
- editor, various improvements (line numbers etc.)
Last modified Feb 24 2005 by E. Farhi